Monday, January 11, 2010

When you can't beat em....

So, every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday the dance school downstairs from my apartment holds clogging lessons. The up side of this is that I get to fight with 20 sum minnie van mommas over a parking spot in front of my building and swim my way through the hoards as they take their talented daughters to class. The downside of this is that I get to hear the same first 45 seconds of a song repeated for over three hours as they begin to learn their routine. It is not so much musical repetition that is difficult to swallow, but more the constant thump thump thump as those gifted little daughters swing and stomp their feet to their heart's content. I have decided that I could either 1. choose to be grumpy for the duration of the dance lesson 2. Put on head phones and resent my downstairs buddies for the residual ear soreness the next day or 3. Stomp for two to three hours three nights a week. I am about 2 hours in. So far. So good.

2 comments:

Emily said...

you are funny.

Peter M. said...

You have the best attitude.