Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Incognito

I’m sitting on the street corner at the café. I have seen over 15 people with which, on any other day, I would have an in depth conversation. I have history with these people. I know specific things about each of them and I know how exactly they fit into our small community. I know their families, I know their churches, I know their drive. However, the hat and glasses that I am currently wearing have allowed me to view these people as an outsider. All of these people have passed by me today without so much as even a glance. Perhaps I am invisible. I took a picture of myself just to make sure. The camera wouldn’t capture an invisible person. Right?



2 comments:

Jen Lewis said...

Perhaps you ARE invisible. Perhaps instead of viewing this as a curse, you could see it as the gift it is.

Good luck.

Things I think. said...

Update: I have confirmed that it is the glasses which provide the gift of invisibility. Jen, I have purchased the same glasses for you. I think they will be helpful in your future gardening endeavors.